Ferme du Parc is an agricultural farm and is located in Lens an idyllic, quiet and green village between Mons, Ath and Soignies, close to Pairi Daiza. (lien vers site web pairi daiza https://www.pairidaiza.eu)
- Main heating system = pellet stove;
- Sewage treatment by lagoon system, rainwater recovery; double flush model for toilets;
- Electricity 100% Belgian and renewable;
- Energy saving: limited outdoor lighting and motion sensors, equipment and electrical appliances at least class A and A +++, automatic standby of electrical appliances, computers and appliances eco-labeled office;
- Savings in water use: flow rate of up to 7 liters per minute for shower, boiler with “travel” option, dry energy radiators;
Eco-friendly consumption: maintenance products, shampoos and soaps eco-labeled or homemade, purchase of second-hand furniture.
Zero-waste approach implemented and fight against food waste: reuse of equipment, limitation of packaging, presentation of local slow food movement, promotion of market gardeners and local producers.
Consideration of environment during renovation work
Arrangements for biodiversity (nesting boxes, unmown areas, flowering meadows, …)